Are You Sleeping enough?
‘I Slept like a baby’, it sounds funny because in reality a baby’s sleep is the most interrupted sleep there is. Yet a good nights’ sleep is vital to your health and since 1/3 of our life is spend sleeping working towards a better nights rest shouldn’t overlooked.
- Infants (ages 0-3 months) require 14-17 hours a day.
- Infants (ages 4-11 months) require 12-15 hours a day
- Toddlers (ages 1-2 years) require about 11-14 hours a day.
- Pre-school children (ages 3-5) require 10-13 hours a day.
- School-age children (ages 6-13) require 9-11 hours a day.
- Teenagers (ages 14-17) need about 8-10 hours each day.
- Most adults need 7 to 9 hours a night for the best amount of sleep, although some people may need as few as 6 hours or as many as 10 hours of sleep each day.
- Older adults (ages 65 and older)need 7-8 hours of sleep each day.
Read more of the article to learn about ‘Sleep Debt’
Poor Sleep Vs. Great Sleep
Irritable Mood Swings
|Optimal Repair Of Cells & Tissue|
Improve Mood / Positive Self
Poor Learning / Memory Retention
Reduce Chronic Inflammation
Poor Cardiovascular Health
Maintain Weight Levels
Reduced Immune System Health
Reduce Stress Levels
Reduce Blood Pressure
Causes of a bad sleep:
* Poor mattress and/or pillow
* Too much caffeine intake
* Snacking before bed
* Too much alcohol
* Too much stimulation (i.e. the television or computer)
* Smoking cigarettes (especially within 30 minutes of going to bed)
* Stress (relationships with loved ones, work problems, financial problems)
* An injury or health ailment
It’s a good idea to eliminate stimulation such as television, phones and iPads at least 30 minutes prior to you go to bed. This will allow your mind to rest and ensure a good night rest.
Chiropractic & Sleep
Chiropractic care might just be the answer to your sleep needs. Adjustments improve the blood flow in the nervous system and it corrects any misalignment’s or subluxations in the spine. Regular chiropractic care can solve several problems that may be the cause of sleepless nights such as back pain, breathing problems, and restless leg syndrome. Chiropractic care isn’t just for adults suffering, children can benefit as well.
Contact our office ANYTIME to Learn More about Chiropractic & Sleep:
by phone 07 5646 5035, or
email email@example.com or
BOOK ONLINE www.jimboombachiropractic.com
Disclaimer: All information in post serves as information only. Please see your Health Care provider for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.